DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
JOB TITLE: Director of Marketing
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salary
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
For over 50 years Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee (BBBSMT) has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality and innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members bring unique perspectives and skills and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee seeks a Director of Marketing who will thrive in a growing organization that is dedicated to positively impacting more youth through professionally supported, 1-to-1 mentoring. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing on-brand, mission-aligned marketing and communications strategy and campaigns, across all channels (traditional, digital, social, events and public relations) to advance BBBSMT’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs, impact, and priorities across key stakeholder audiences as well as support agency awareness, engagement, volunteer recruitment and fundraising objectives. Responsibilities will include development of content strategy and editorial communications calendar, day to day management and optimization of digital platforms (website, social, email, blog) as well as quarterly analytics/dashboard reporting to ensure agency marketing and communications objectives are being met.
Day to day:
- Develop and implement an annual integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance BBBSMT’s strategic priorities across key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and implement content strategy and editorial calendar across website, social media, blog and email marketing platforms. Create, write, and publish dynamic content in accordance with brand guidelines
- Manage digital platform engagement and performance, ensure integrity and functionality of all content and engagement tools as well as execute ongoing content updates to support agency-wide strategic objectives
- Consistently optimize digital platform experience and performance as well as deliver quarterly digital dashboard including recommendations for continuous improvement. Key KPI’s include: website traffic, bounce rate, page views/duration, social media followers and engagement, email open rate, digital/social click-thru rate on campaign calls to action, etc.
- Support the Chief Development Officer in fundraising initiatives by providing marketing thought leadership in developing responsive, creative strategies that align with partner/donor/sponsor objectives
- Oversees publicity and media relations efforts to promote the agency, its executives and subject matter experts along with issues relating to youth development to increase brand and impact awareness across the service area. Cultivate and maintain key media relationships and strategic partnerships
- Plan and execute media campaigns and advertising buys. Ensure consistency of key messages and brand identity as well as tracking of return on investment
- Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and innovation to the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement team and agency as a whole
- Collaborate with Programs and Operations teams to support strategic objectives, program launch and promotion, grant fulfillment and database reporting
- Inspire, coach and mentor Communications Manager as well as part-time Mentor Corps Fellow in the implementation of tactics designed to support agency strategic priorities and objectives
- Manage external creative, media and web development vendors to ensure optimal delivery of scope of work
This job may be for you…
- 5-7 years of relevant marketing communications expertise inclusive of people management experience
- Proficient in the digital marketing space with an exceptional understanding of and passion for website management digital media, social media, mobile and email marketing
- Experience managing multi-channel digital campaigns across website, social media, email, and mobile platforms including content strategy, editorial calendar, content development, publishing and optimization including analytics reporting
- Understanding of SEO, Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML and basic CSS principles. Comfortable with basic website troubleshooting with ability to make ongoing recommendations for improvement of User Experience (UX)
- Experience with video and graphic content design, production and storytelling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, Google Analytics and Ads. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Content creating and copywriting ability. Understanding of production specifications and requirements for asset delivery across multiple platforms
- Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player with desire to innovate and collaborate
- Ability to mentor and inspire high-performing team members as well as manage external vendors to deliver best-in-class service
- Passion for BBBSMT’s mission to defend the potential of Middle Tennessee youth
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
Because we hire the best people and value our staff, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee works hard to provide competitive benefits to our team. Our comprehensive benefits package, which helps to support a healthy work/life balance, includes:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – a generous portion is paid by BBBSMT
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Immediate enrollment in our 403B — We match 50% of what you contribute up to 6% of pay and staff are vested after 12 months of employment
- Professional training & development programs
- Opportunities for advancement- we promote from within!
- 20 days of paid time off
- 16 paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible work schedule with a hybrid (combination remote work/in-office work) work environment
- Professional resume, LinkedIn profile, and headshot
Americans with Disabilities Act: Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMT may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your Name- Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.