Launching January 2020! Now accepting volunteer applications.
Potential is everywhere. We need your help to amplify this potential through the power of one-to-one mentoring. Ours Sports Buddies program develops one-to-one mentoring friendships between an adult and a child through participatory and spectator sporting events. Activities are designed to deepen mentoring relationships while supporting self-confidence, goal setting, collaboration, skill development, and healthy lifestyles.
What can you expect?
- Events take place on Saturdays and last an average of 2-4 hours
- Volunteers will be matched with youth 9 or older
- Activities range from spectator sports including professional, collegiate, and high school basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse, and baseball to participatory activities like capture the flag, dodgeball, kickball, flag football, Ultimate Frisbee, hiking, and fishing.
What are the requirements?
- Matches meet 2 times a month
- Matches commit to 6 months together
- Activities are planned, facilitated, and monitored by Sports Buddies staff
- Families provide transportation to and from events